Sunday, February 22, 2009

Craftiness

I was feeling particularly crafty Saturday. I actually spent multiple hours in my scrapbook room. It felt absolutely wonderful to take that time. I really need to do that more often. I also remembered to take pictures of my craftiness. I know it is amazing!

The first project I worked on and continued working on it through out the day was my clipboard for Library of Memories. I had to keep coming back in order to let the adhesive dry.   There are errors on the front where some of the pink came off, but I am okay with that. Now Melodye is asking me to make her a clipboard.



I loved the paper I used on the clipboard so much that I used it to make bookmarks. I got the plastic bookmark holders from ClearBags as a free sample. I will definitely be buying more of the holders. The bookmarks were so much fun to make. I wanted to make bookmarks ever since I saw Cynthia's bookmarks. She is very creative and so fun to read her blog entries. I couldn't find a like to the bookmarks (running out of time). Trust me! It will be worth it to just page through her blog. There is so much inspiration there.


My bookmark is on the left, Brooke's is in the middle, and Melodye's is on the right. Melodye really took over the design of her bookmark. She picked out the ribbons and drew on the bookmark. Brooke's bookmark was inspired because she was playing with the orange ribbon and she had just bought the fish paper at one of the scrapbook stores going out of business near us. (Yes, I said one of them. The two that are close are closing. So sad that had to happen.) I have included a close up of the back of my bookmark.

 Melodye had a birthday party to go to on Sunday. I made a card and matching envelope. I can't show the envelope because it had the little girl's name on it and we need to protect other's privacy. I didn't wrap the present this time. I decided to just wrap a bow around it. It was stress reducing to do this and I love how it turned out.

Earlier in the month I finished my Harry Potter socks. The yarn is from Sunshine Yarns. Dani's customer service is wonderful and the shipping is super fast. I have two more sets of sock yarn from her left to knit. I can't wait. I have the Tonks and Every Color Beans colorways. The pictures aren't that great, but you get the idea. I used the Classic Sock Pattern from the book 2-At-A-Time Socks



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey