Sunday, March 1, 2009

Recipe Organization

Laura at Organizing Junkie had the theme of Recipe Organization for February. Let me tell you, I really needed this theme. I have been planning what I wanted to do with my recipes for years, but never got around to it. I wanted these beautiful scrapbooked recipes with pictures of the food I had prepared. But I think I have reached a compromise and I actually did finish.


The before shelf. This shelf is above the stove and microwave. Lots of recipes, but never really used.

The first thing I did was find the actual recipes that we regularly used. I was able to find a very cute recipe binder at Hallmark. And to make it even better, it was marked down 50% because there was a tiny bit of glue on the front cover. I didn't even notice it until the cashier pointed it out.

I used the recipe cards the binder came with. And yes I do believe that they are just as cute as the binder.

Next I went through and found all of the recipes that I wanted to try. I put all of them in a binder. But that wasn't enough for me. So I scrapbooked the front of the binder.

The recipes inside the Recipes To Try binder are just hole punched and put in. I didn't want to use page protectors. I figure once the recipes are tried and liked they will be written on the recipe cards and added to the Tried and True Recipe binder.

The binder is organized by Side Dishes which also includes appetizers and anything even close to a side dish.

The next section of the binder is the Main Dishes.

Lastly we have the Desserts section.

This pile is the recipes that I went through and am ready to depart with, but Tommy has to go through them first to see if there is anything he would like us to try.

This the Recipe Shelf After Shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey