Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Truly Blessed Day

Wednesday my dad saw the heart doctor and found out that there was an abnormality in his stress test. His heart was not getting enough oxygen. The doctor wanted to do an angiogram sometime in the next two weeks.

Thursday I get a call that my dad was going to the emergency room for chest pains and just not feeling right. Mind you this all started about 5:30 in the morning but he didn't get to the hospital until about noon. They gave him Nitro and he started feeling better. He was admitted to the hospital.

Friday I took a half day so I could be there for the angiogram, but it did not get schedule, So we just hung out.

Today, Saturday, they did the angiogram. When the doctor went in he found a massive blockage in the artery that works for 70% of the heart. They had to go in and put multiple stents(?) in his artery. While they were going to do that my dad almost crashed. The doctor said that he really scared him. The doctor also said that if my dad had not gone to the hospital when he did, he would have had a massive heart attack and probably not made it to the hospital and if he did he ould have had to have had open heart surgery.

I am so glad that everything worked out time wise and that the procedure had worked.

A really odd and weird thing happened after I left the hospital today. I started folding laundry (no, that's not the weird thing) and I put the next episode of Gilmore Girls on the TV. It was the episode when Richard had a heart attack and had an angioplasty done. It was like a weird sense of deja vu but not with myself. Crazy kind of weird.

Also, I have the best husband in the world. During the time I was at the hospital, he took the girls to the soccer games and mowed the lawn with only a couple hours of sleep. He really is an amazing guy.

And if I don't get a chance tomorrow . . . . Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I hope you have a lovely day.,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey