Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cumberland Falls Part 2 and Three book Reviews

2Tonight we should be able to see the moonbow, but we have to wait until 11:15pm for the best time. The girls are resting right now while we wait.

I have read two books so far while on our trip and one before our trip. So here are my reviews.

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
This was a hard one to get into and also a hard book to stay interested in. Don't get me wrong, there were sections that I did not want to put down, but then there were more that I couldn't wait for them to be over. I continued reading this because I really enjoyed the musical and I wanted to see what similarities there were. My real problem with Wicked was the sheer enormity of characters. There were characters that were introduced out of nowhere and then not mentioned again or until much later. These characters seemed like I should have known them, but there really wasn't a reason to know the. All in all, I would not be recommending this to anyone.


View all my reviews.

Show No Fear: A Nina Reilly Novel Show No Fear: A Nina Reilly Novel by Perri O'Shaughnessy


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I enjoyed this Nina Reilly book. My problem was that I know things from the previous books and I kept skipping ahead trying to figure out when things were going to happen. But if you are a fan of the Nina Reilly books this is a must read. Although now that I think about it, there can still be more prequels besides this one. We do not know how Nina ends up in Tahoe or how Paul becomes a private investigator and so forth. Interesting to see if there will be more prequels to come.


View all my reviews.

The Associate The Associate by John Grisham


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I am so glad that John Grisham has returned to what he does best. I read all of his earlier books, but when he started moving away from his earlier style of writing, I stopped reading them. The Associate is definitely a return to the style of writing that I enjoyed so much in the past. The character, Kyle is a real likeable character. I was rooting for him all along. I was wishing for someway of knowing what happens to Kyle in the future. If John Grisham continues to write in this style I will continue reading. I would recommend this to anyone who likes John Grisham's earlier books.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey