Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Decorations

I love Christmas. I love the decorations. But every year I feel overwhelmed with the clutter. This year we did things different. Our tree was put in a corner instead of in front of the window. We have so much more room this way. We spread the decor throughout the house instead of only in the living room. I think that has made the largest difference.  So on to pictures of our decor...or at least some of it.
********************
Our tree....I would like to change the angel to something that matches better...meaning silver instead of gold, but I haven't found anything in the after Christmas sales yet. I have been looking for a couple of years. I will find one, I will like it, and I will not pay full price for it.
 The ornaments hanging below the tree have since been moved because Princess, our cat, liked to play with them in the middle of the night.
**********************
The ornament Melodye made in Kindergarten. So simple, yet so precious. Ever since I have been doing this project with my kindergarten kids. The kids are so proud of their creations and I assume the parents love them just as much as I love mine.
********************
I went to a local craft fair this year. (Side note...I was not impressed with the craft fair. This was the only booth I liked out of the whole thing. In fact my dad and I talked afterwards about how the craft fair seemed to cater to crafts from the '80's.) But I did love the work of this lady, but she only seems to do local craft fairs. How I wish she was on Etsy. But this was an early present to my dear husband, who just loves the White Sox and has passed that love on to the girls.
***********************
The stuffed animals and noisy ones were moved to the basement on the shelf. This is where the girls spend the majority of their time playing Wii. So why not have their decorations with them and keep the noise away from the rest of the house. Win, win situation I think. 
************************
This centerpiece was made out of a candle holder and bowl from Ikea. We put this together during the summer/early fall, but haven't put anything inside of it. Couldn't make up my mind what I wanted. Melodye and I decided to take ornaments off of the tree and put them in the centerpiece. I am so glad that we did. It looks festive and has actually given me ideas of what I can do at other times of the year.
**************************
The nutcrackers are a staple in our house. This is Melodye's collection. Some have broken through the years. They are well loved and played with like dolls. I love when a collection is used instead of collecting dust. The third one from the end was her first nutcracker. I know it's hard to see, but it's navy blue. We picked up at Walgreens that year, probably in 2003. Melodye slept cuddling with that particular one for many years. She would even wrap her blanky around it and she did not share her blanky with any other doll. She carried that nutcracker everywhere she went. That particular nutcracker was probably the cheapest, but my favorite by far because of the memories connected with it. (I really think I need to find a picture of her and that nutcracker and make a scrapbook page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey