Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Friday the girls and I went to Noel and Jill's to color eggs. It was surprising that Brooke was the most patient with waiting for the eggs to dye. After the kids were done, Jill and I redyed some eggs to make them darker and discovered how to make some gorgeous purple eggs. Instead of using the purple dye, use pink/purple and then blue.

Melodye ended up staying the night and Maddy stayed with us. Maddy and Brooke dressed up and colored about the whole time. I am so glad that Maddy introduced Brooke to the dressy costumes instead of always using Spiderman. Here's a picture of Brooke and Maddy.


















On Saturday, we went to an Easter Egg Hunt with Kelly and Ethan. Brooke says "That is My Ethan." I tried to take pictures of Brooke and Ethan together because I do not have any of them. I could not get a smiling picture. They did everything they could to take "crazy pictures". In fact, they were feeding off of each other. But they are still really cute!










I got and early birthday present. Isn't is just so cute. The purse was a COMPLETE suprise to me. I don't need to mention who the present was from except to say that it is someone I really love and enjoy spending my time with.




I finally took pictures of Denise and Jason's Baby Blanket. I lok at these pictures and realize that I really do need to take the time to learn how to use Photoshop Elements. I have the program and a tutorial book, but I just haven't taken the time. I need to find that time.






This blanket was an easy make. I used Lions Brand Cotton Ease. And it took about one month to finish with me taking about 1 1/2 weeks off in the middle. I really hope that they will like it and use it. When Melodye saw the finished product, she asked for one for her bed.






Melodye asked me why we celebrate Easter. As I was explaining the story to her, she started tearing up. I aked her afterwards why. SHe told me that "It is just so sad that Jesus died and that makes me sad." She really feels her emotions and doesn't hold back and I really love it most times.

1 comment:

Farrah said...

Oh, my goodness- the blanket is awesome! I am SO excited to see that you made it- you're the first one! If you made any notes about the numbers that were off in the beginning, I'd love to have them. Thanks for letting me know how it worked out!
farrah

Post a Comment

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey