Friday, December 24, 2010

Angry Birds

The family has become obsessed with Angry Birds. I downloaded the free app without realizing what I was doing. I thought this would be something for the girls to occupy themselves with when we are somewhere and they are ready to lose it. But little did I know the obsession that would also involve my husband. We actually have bought the apps, which we never pay for apps. So that in itself is pretty amazing. The girls and Thomas are constantly asking to use my Ipod Touch in order to play the game. They are in competition with each other to get better scores. The three of them have no idea what is going on around them when they are playing Angry Birds.

Bells went off in my head when I found a tutorial for making your very own Angry Birds. I knew this was the perfect gifts to put in their stockings.


If I had more time I would have made a variety of the birds and pigs. But if you are interested there are tutorials for each of the birds and pigs.

You can find the pig and blue bird here

The yellow bird can be found here.

The patterns were easy to follow and I am using my junior high sewing skills. (Shout out to Mrs. Whiting for providing those skills.) I did get a free motion foot for my sewing machine and that was a whole experience learning to use it.

Now the area I had difficulty with was closing up the seam and sewing on the beak. My hand sewing skills are non-existent. I made something up and it looks okay. Of course I found a tutorial after I finished all three. So I linked up the tutorial hoping others will not have the frustration that I did.

7 comments:

amy@flexibledreams said...

These are awesome! My six year old is obsessed with Angry Birds too. I bet if I made him a set he would play it in real life. I could support throwing felt Angry Birds around the family room :-)

Tracey@sew.simply.creative said...

I am LOL'ing so much right now....these are fantastic! I JUST TODAY discovered Angry Birds, so it cracked me up to see your birds on Skip To My Lou's blog. In fact, I even wrote about them on my own blog today. :)

Jess said...

OMGosh This is the coolest! My husband would love these! Hes seriously addicted to this game LOL! Great idea! :)

Lenetta said...

There are some big fans in my family - thanks so much for sharing this!!!

Jennifer said...

You did a great job on these! My husband is OBSESSED with angry birds. I'm totally making him some of these. I featured you today on my favorite things :)

Care said...

FANTASTIC! They look great! :o) I hope they were a huge hit!

Thanks for linking to my tutorials!

Anonymous said...

Recommended game by google Play Angry Birds

Post a Comment

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey